The use of alcohol markers and other markers to draw illustrations has become incredibly hip and popular. One of the best-known brands is Winsor & Newton (with their Promarkers). The applications for ProMarkers are infinitely varied. They're perfect for hobby projects, they're used by architects and comic book illustrators, but they're just as interesting for someone who's just getting starting in the illustration business.
During this workshop, you'll learn how to handle these Promarkers correctly. I'll give you tips on how to draw patches with even colors and color transitions, which paper to use, how to use the blender and the best way to mix colors. The theme for the workshop will be 'flowers and plants’.
You can also choose to buy a base set of Promarkers from me for 28€ (retail price +-33€); it contains 12 in a variety of colors and one blender. That way, you're well prepared to continue drawing once you get home!
This workshop is for everyone who has a big heart for nature and/or everyone who's really interested in the magical world of Promarkers. You don't have to be an experienced illustrator to partake! Beginners and experts are both welcome!!
When and where?
This workshop will happen on Saturday July 20, 2019, from 13h00 to 18h00, in the studio of Snow & Rose, Prinsenhofweg, 3500 Hasselt.
Do you already have something else planned on this date? Don't worry: this workshop is also planned at another time.
What is included?
- A booklet containing all the steps you'll see during the course.
- Prior to the course, you'll be receiving a Pinterest invite to a private board full of examples and inspiration.
- Warming up exercises.
- You can browse to lots of books about flowers for inspiration.
- Many silhouettes and examples you can base your drawing on.
- The use of Promarkers in a wide range of colors.
- Blenders and fineliners.
- The use of various art materials (drawing paper, lime paper, sketching paper, erasers, light box,…).
- A snack and a drink.
What do you need to bring yourself?
- A pencil sharpener, an eraser and a ruler.
- A pencil (HB or B2).
- An apron (in case you want to protect your clothing).
- If you own a couple of Promarkers yourself, you can always bring them along.
- Decent pictures or prints of flowers and plants you would like to work with (silhouettes are also ok).
- Do you own books about flowers and plants? Then feel free to bring them along.
- A bag or a cover to take your creation home with you.
Registration is final after payment of the fee of 55.00€ (incl VAT). We limit the number of participants to 10, since we find it important to give everyone enough guidance.
The teacher for this workshop is Debbie Lavreys, a graduated illustrator with years of experience in illustrating children's books and other artistic endeavours.
Number of participants: 10
Location: Snow & Rose Studio (Snow & Rose Studio, Prinsenhofweg, 3500 Hasselt)
Dates: Sat July 20, 2019 (13h00 - 18h00)
Registration fee: 55.00 €
RegistrationThe workshop is fully booked. Contact Snow & Rose via the contact-page in case you want to put down your name for the backup list.
This same workshop is also planned at another time: Dagworkshop 'Bloemen en planten illustreren met Promarkers' (28 september 2019)