You see them all over these days: botanically inspired posters or postcards with funny/moving/touching quotes. They instantly brighten your interior and give your room more meaning.
Do you also love this hip trend and do you like handlettering, elegantly shaped letters, flower, plants and all kinds of botanical motives? If so, this workshop is going to be your cup of tea!
During this workshop, you'll learn the fine art of handlettering and how to combine it with botanical drawings. We'll go over a lot of tips and tricks, and based on the many examples I have available, you'll be able to finetune your technique. You will handletter a word, a quote or the alphabet in one of the base fonts and add a variety of botanical elements to it, in order to get to a beatiful and balanced whole.
If you've participated in the course ‘Start to Handlettering’, you'll be able to focus on the botanical aspect of this workshop. But beginners will be able to enjoy this workshop just as well. No drawing experience is required: everyone can participate on their own level.
When and where?
This workshop will happen on Saturday August 10, 2019, from 13h00 to 18h00, in the studio of Snow & Rose, Prinsenhofweg, 3500 Hasselt.
What is included?
- A booklet containing all the steps you'll see during the course.
- Prior to the course, you'll be receiving a Pinterest invite to a private board full of examples and inspiration.
- Warming up exercises.
- You can browse to lots of books about flowers for inspiration.
- Many silhouettes and examples you can base your drawing on.
- The use of various art materials (drawing paper, lime paper, sketching paper, erasers, light box,…).
- A snack and a drink.
What do you need to bring yourself?
- A pencil sharpener, an eraser and a ruler.
- A pencil (HB or B2).
- An apron (in case you want to protect your clothing).
- A word or short quote(s) you want to work on.
- Decent pictures or prints of flowers and plants (silhouettes are also ok).
- Do you own books about flowers and plants? Then feel free to bring them along.
- A bag or a cover to take your creation home with you.
Registration is final after payment of the fee of 48.00€ (incl VAT). We limit the number of participants to 10, since we find it important to give everyone enough guidance.
The teacher for this workshop is Debbie Lavreys, a graduated illustrator with years of experience in illustrating children's books and other artistic endeavours.
Number of participants: 10
Location: Snow & Rose Studio (Snow & Rose Studio, Prinsenhofweg, 3500 Hasselt)
Dates: Sat August 10, 2019 (13h00 - 18h00)
Registration fee: 48.00 €