In this workshop you will learn to create a beautiful and balanced illustration using home made stamps.
You'll start with figuring out the perfect composition for your illustration. Once that's done, you'll transfer parts of your illustration onto stamps. After that, you can carve out all the stamps using a whole range of gouges.
Be ready to receive a lot of tips and tricks on how transfer the illustration and use the gouges. You'll be surprised how fast you'll get the hang of it.
The plus side of creating stamps to build an illustration, is that you can use your stamps a lot of times, in different colors or on different backgrounds. You can use the same stamps to create a set of postcards, to lighten up boring booklets, make a poster,... You can do it all!
You don't need to have any experience in drawing or carving stamp. Beginners and experts are all welcome!!
When and where?
This workshop will happen on Saturday December 01, 2018, from 13h00 to 18h00, in the studio of Snow & Rose, Prinsenhofweg, 3500 Hasselt.
What is included?
- A booklet containing all the steps you'll see during the course.
- Prior to the course, you'll be receiving a Pinterest invite to a private board full of examples and inspiration.
- The use of gouges and stamp rubbers.
- You'll reeive a balnk kraft notebook to stamp on.
- Strong glue and glue guns.
- Pieces of wood to glue your stamps on.
- Sketching paper, lime paper, cutting mats and cutter knives.
- Postcard paper (white and kraft).
- Various fonts and silhouettes.
- Use of all other art materials of good quality.
- A snack and a drink.
What do you need to bring yourself?
- A pencil sharpener, an eraser and a ruler.
- A pencil (HB or B2).
- An apron (in case you want to protect your clothing).
- Printed examples for inspiration or initial sketches.
- A bag or a cover to take your creation home with you.
Registration is final after payment of the fee of 48.00€ (incl VAT). We limit the number of participants to 8, since we find it important to give everyone enough guidance.
The teacher for this workshop is Debbie Lavreys, a graduated illustrator with years of experience in illustrating children's books and other artistic endeavours (see www.debbielavreys.be for more info on books and other illustrations, and www.amarita.be for more info on jewelry and illustrations).
Number of participants: 8
Location: Snow & Rose Studio (Snow & Rose Studio, Prinsenhofweg, 3500 Hasselt)
Dates: Sat December 01, 2018 (13h00 - 18h00)
Registration fee: 48.00 €